Who is eligible for the 2023-2024 Award? Any Childhood Studies major who graduates in either the Fall 2023 or the Spring 2024 semesters. Fall graduates may apply early if they wish.
What does the application entail? Filling out and submitting this application form by the published deadline, and attaching three documents.
- a 100-word statement that describes your service commitments to your community and/or to the Department of Childhood Studies;
- an unofficial transcript; and
- a writing sample that showcases your best work. Writing samples can be from five to fifteen pages, and must have been submitted for a Childhood Studies course. Note on the paper the name of the course for which it was written and the semester the course was taken.
What will the winning applicant receive? The winning applicant will receive a $200 prize. Winner will be notified if the College organizes a separate award ceremony.
When is the application due? The application is due by 4:00 pm Tuesday, March 5, 2024. Submit the application with all materials attached AS A SINGLE PDF DOCUMENT via email to Joann Schroeder (firstname.lastname@example.org). Be sure to include the following information:
- Graduation date
- Childhood Studies GPA
- Email address
- 100 word statement attached
- unofficial transcript attached
- writing sample attached