POPPYN is dedicated to uplifting the voices of high school students and fostering their creativity to make a positive impact on society. Our Youth Media Program is an innovative platform that allows students to create socially conscious video production projects. We are seeking a dedicated and passionate intern to join our team and help guide these aspiring young media makers as they explore social justice issues and produce impactful content.
Interning at POPPYN:
As an intern at POPPYN, you will play a vital role in supporting high school students on their journey to create thought-provoking and socially relevant video production projects.
This role is hybrid-friendly, with an expected commitment of 10-12 hours per week. The schedule is very flexible, but we strongly prefer interns to be available for in-person meetings on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3-7pm during the semester at Temple University’s main campus. Remote attendance is an option for all other meetings.
- Gain hands-on experience in youth development and educational programming.
- Make a positive impact on the lives of high school students.
- Contribute to socially significant video projects.
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team dedicated to empowering youth.
- Program Support
- Assist the Program Coordinator in the recruitment of new participants and maintaining engagement with existing students.
- Collaborate with the Program Coordinator to develop and enhance curriculum materials, ensuring they align with the program’s goals and objectives.
- Organize and facilitate workshops and training sessions to enhance students’ media production skills.
- Participant Support
- Offer emotional and academic support to students, ensuring their overall well-being throughout the program.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and technical support to high school students as they work on video production projects.
- Foster a creative and inclusive learning environment, encouraging students to explore social justice themes in their work.
- Enthusiasm for youth development and a passion for social justice.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in video production or related fields is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Patience and the ability to motivate and inspire young individuals.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges and opportunities.