2023 Mellon Foundation Intern Jordan Ellzy accepts permanent position upon completing undergrad internship

We are proud to report that 2023 Mellon Foundation Intern Jordan Ellzy was offered a permanent position upon completion of his Department of Childhood Studies internship at the Camden County Historical Society. As an intern, Jordan helped dream up, research and create an exhibit on Martin Luther King Jr’s residency in Camden, NJ. At the end of the internship, his supervisors offered him a permanent position based on the quality of his work.

Jordan shares, “My position title at the CCHS is the Cultural Education Coordinator. I assist with programming and coordinating events, temporary exhibits, and community events. Under this position, I have been able to collaborate with community members and organizations to promote the Historical Society and create traction for more and returning visitors. So far I have done research on both Martin Luther King Jr.’s history of living in Camden as well as historical women from Camden County. The Historical Society plans on hosting panels for these topics in upcoming exhibits. In addition, we are hosting town halls to receive input from Camden residents to get in touch with the community. I appreciate the work I am doing, and am blessed to be able to do what I am passionate about. Unfortunately the position at CCHS is part-time, but I plan on working with other museums in the future!”