PA Humanities is a fast-paced, high-impact organization that works closely with communities across the state to put the humanities into action to create positive change. We are connectors and hands-on innovators who help bring Pennsylvania’s creative and dynamic projects to life. We are a leading voice for the cultural sector and dedicated to putting people first, innovating and growing, sharing tools, and building networks.
Interning at PA Humanities:
We typically offer 10-12 week internships. Our staff works virtually Monday, Thursday, and Friday. Tuesday and Wednesday are in-person at our offices at 230 South Broad Street, Suite 403 Philadelphia, PA 19102. All interns/staff must be fully vaccinated (and current with boosters) against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination is required by the first day of work. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for those with qualifying medical or religious exemptions. PA Humanities will provide any technical resources needed for the position.
- Connect with people and organizations across the state and amplify their work
- Create and disseminate marketing materials such as blog posts, social media, etc.
- Conduct market research and analysis to increase engagement
- Support the work of core programs and new major projects like Rain Poetry, Voices of History, and other activities supporting our 50th anniversary
- Find foundation and individual donor prospects that would like to support us
- Write appeals, attend events, and help us engage past and present supporters
- You are a humanities-loving self-starter who can work both independently and as a team
- Someone with a positive, can-do attitude that sees challenges as learning opportunities
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Familiarity with social media, Excel, photo/video editing, WordPress, etc. a big plus