Under the supervision of the marketing & communications director, the marketing & public relations interns at the Alice Paul Institute have many opportunities to build and refine their skills as communications professionals. API works with each intern to assess their individual strengths and craft a plan to develop skills that align with their professional goals.
Internships are crafted based on both the goals of the overseeing department and the interests and professional goals of each intern. While interns support the work in their overseeing department, API is committed to soft skill training in office workflow and etiquette and trying to provide networking opportunities in each semester.
Marketing & Communication Intern
- A junior or senior majoring in communications
- The marketing & development intern should have an interest and at least one class in marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Knowledge of the elements of press releases writing and other journalistic style writing for articles and newsletters
- Some design experience in Canva or Adobe Suite.
- Attention to detail and an interest in a career in communications and/or non-profit management is desired.
- A junior or senior majoring in business management or non-profit management
- The Alice Paul Institute seeks a Development Intern interested in fundraising, writing, database management and event management. Interns will have the opportunity to work with the Development team on current and future projects, while learning about the overall structure and activities of a women’s history and advocacy non-profit.
- Attention to detail, exceptional writing skills and ability to wear multiple hats is required. An interest in a career in fundraising and/or non-profit management is desired.
The Alice Paul Institute offers a flexible 9 am to 5 pm work schedule that will be fully remote with weekly scheduled in-person or virtual meetings with the intern’s supervisor. Some evening and weekend work will be required in or near API’s location in Mt. Laurel located in southern New Jersey (i.e. Burlington, Camden, Gloucester Counties.)